How can caries be prevented?
- Teeth should be brushed with a fluorine toothpaste.
- Use floss or other interface tools for the interfaces of your teeth.
- Attention should be paid to a balanced diet and a limit should be placed on junk food.
- Consult your dentist about "fluoride application" and "fissure sealant application", which make your teeth more resistant to decay.
- You should visit your dentist regularly for professional dental cleaning and oral examination.
How should I choose oral care products?
It may surprise you that there are so many different and attractive products on the market. When choosing, you should be careful to buy products that are approved and recommended by your dentist.
How long can I use a toothbrush?
It can generally be used for 3-4 months. You can tell that the toothbrush is broken by the separation, dispersion and bending of the bristle bundles. Stiff bristle brushes can damage your teeth. Children, on the other hand, wear out the brush more quickly as they are not yet able to apply the correct brushing.
How Should General Oral Care Be?
Dental floss should be used in addition to brushing for an effective mouth cleaning.
What is the best brushing technique?
First of all, the brush should be brought closer to the tooth at a 45 degree angle and brushed with back and forth movements in the direction of the width of the tooth. The process is completed with a downward sweeping motion from the last gum. Since the inner surfaces of the teeth, especially the front areas, are narrow, the brush should be inserted vertically and brushed. It should not be forgotten that; The back of teeth, back teeth and tongue where bacteria plaque and food residues are intense should also be cleaned. Since patients are brushing only the front surfaces of the front teeth, decays mostly occur in the posterior areas, and tartar is the least brushed in the back of the lower front teeth.
Will teeth be damaged if an appropriate technique is not used?
Yes; although the teeth are covered with a very hard layer of enamel, they can be damaged even by a brush that you apply only with the wrong technique. It may cause abrasions on both the upper part of the tooth and the layer covering the root, and recession in the gums. In this case, teeth become more prone to decay. It should be avoided to brush your teeth with a force that will wear the teeth and the brush should be moved with soft movements.
Why is it necessary to brush the gums?
Another process that needs to be done is brushing the gums. Despite occurring in the gums, brushing should be continued with the appropriate force, because the vessels feeding the gums have become plump as a result of circulatory disorders. Thus, the vessels of the gum heal and the bleeding stops spontaneously. Brushing the gums is one of the most effective remedies to prevent gum diseases.
Are there any other tooth cleaning tools other than brushes?
These are tools such as electric brush, dental floss, toothpick, interface brush, water sprayer (water - pic), stimulator ... Electric. brush and water sprayer are increasingly common in our country.
It is a useful tool that is frequently used for cleaning between teeth. Misuse is harmful to the gums. It should be applied after learning the correct use from the dentist.
You can use a toothpick to remove a piece of meat that has gotten between the teeth while eating, but if the food always goes to the same place, this indicates that there is no proper contact between the two teeth. Such situations require the use of toothpicks. The toothpick tips must be specially flattened and also sterilized. For this reason, those sold in pharmacies should be preferred.
What do interface cleaners do?
It is used to clean the debris between the teeth and under the gums in areas that the toothbrush cannot reach. If you don't have this habit, you wouldn't be too late to start.
What points should be considered when using dental floss?
- Waxed dental floss is preferred for easy first use. In addition, fluoride dental floss can be preferred.
- Dental floss is used by entangling the index fingers of both hands and with the help of our thumb.
- Pass the floss between your teeth in a slow and controlled manner. You should avoid harsh and sudden movements that will injure the gums.
- You can clean the interface by moving the floss back and forth up and down to draw the letter c on the tooth.